The eCommunity tool was developed at UCF to facilitate community building in an online course. Today, eCommunity is available for use in any course taught at the University of Central Florida. Currently enrolled students can:
- Enter and maintain their preferred e-mail address.
- Post and control their biographical information.
- Choose a picture to represent them (either UCF card photo or a caricature).
- Send e-mail to any, some, or everyone listed in the course. This feature facilitates group work.
- View biographies, pictures and e-mail to help build learning communities especially in large or fully online courses.
- Note: Newly accepted students will not be able to log into eCommunity until the start of their first semester.
In order to access eCommunity:
- Go to https://ecommunity.ucf.edu.
- Log in with your NID and NID Password. Visit http://mynid.ucf.edu/ for password help.
Support for eCommunity is provided by Online@UCF Support:
- (407) 823-0407